Youth Staff Applicant:
Thank you for your interest in serving as youth staff at one of the 2018 Youth to Youth Summer Training Conferences!
Every year we offer the opportunity for drug-free youth to be a part of the Youth to Youth conference staff. The youth staff role is one of the most critical and influential parts of a Youth to Youth conference. Being chosen for a youth staff position is truly an honor. It means that you have worked hard throughout the year to help make a positive change in your school and/or community. It means you enjoyed your time at other Youth to Youth Conferences so much, that you want to come back and work hard to give the 2018 participants a great Youth to Youth experience.
We review all aspects of the criteria listed below and your application. Please be as thorough as possible when completing your youth staff application and return prior to the deadline.
To be eligible to serve as a youth staff, you should fit the following criteria:
- Have completed your sophomore year in high school.
- Have attended an International’s, Southern States, or Eastern States Conference.
- Have been drug-free (tobacco, alcohol, and other drugs) for the past year.
- Have the strong desire to spread the drug-free message to other teens.
- Have demonstrated an ability to interact with your peers through involvement in positive youth organizations.
- Be available for the entire staff training session and staff closing (see dates and times below)
- Submit one (1) workshop application.
- Return two (2) letters of recommendations.
- Be willing to fulfill the Youth to Youth Conference Staff Responsibilities.
You may apply to do a workshop with another potential youth staff candidate. If selected as youth staff, you will be notified as to whether we’d like you to present the workshop at the conference.
If you have questions about this application, please contact Youth to Youth at email@example.com or talk to your adult advisor.
If you are chosen for a youth staff position, there is a $250.00 fee to help offset the training days, chaperoning, housing and food expenses. This fee is due upon acceptance of your application and prior to the start of conference staff training. The remainder of the conference registration fees will be waived. If you need a letter describing the program and requesting your employer or school to release you for the week of the conference, please let us know.
Unfortunately, a limited number of youth staff positions are available at each conference. We select youth staff representatives who have other participants from their area attending the conference as well. While your application is being reviewed, we encourage you to pursue funding so that you are still able to attend the conference. Additionally, we ask that you lend your assistance in recruiting other teens in your community to attend the best youth training and leadership conference!